[plt-scheme] Bit manipulation in PLT Scheme

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 16:52:25 EST 2006

> Thanks a lot for the extensive reply. I'll probably go with doing the
> low-level arithmetic in C and use libffi to use it in PLT Scheme.

Hi Paulo,

If it helps, you may want to also look at the implementation of mzlib's
md5 module: there's an implementation of 32-bit word vectors in there that
might be useful for you.  It does the trick of using two 16-bit fixnums to
avoid bignum issues.  (Perhaps all those bit-operations should be
refactored out into a separate mzlib module?)

    http://ja.soegaard.net/planet/html/collects/mzlib/md5.ss

Posted on the users mailing list.