[plt-scheme] why does local-expand leave letrec-syntaxes+values

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 15:40:22 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 13:28 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:22:06 -0500, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> > I realize all this, and my use of null as the stop list was just for the
> > purposes of the example.  But if letrec-syntaxes+values is not in the
> > stop list, why shouldn't it be expanded?
>
> I still don't understand.

I now understand what my confusion was.  The syntax bindings in the
letrec-syntaxes+values may be needed to expand the (unexpanded) code
left because of the stop list.

It happens that the application I'm using local-expand for only has #%
top in the stop list, and so I was surprised to see letrec-syntaxes
+values there.  But I can just work around that.

Thanks,

sam th

Posted on the users mailing list.