[plt-scheme] Organizing Code

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 7 21:41:04 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 02:36 +0100, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>
> > * I'd like to have the flexibility for modules to span multiple source
> > files. This is not a hard requirement but a very nice to have.
>
> You mean something like this?
>
> (module foo mzscheme
>     (require (lib "include.ss"))
>     (include "a.scm")
>     (include "b.scm")
>     (include "c.scm"))

Having had to transform code written this way into a more "modular"
style, I strongly discourage the use of include.  It's very hard to
reason about the behavior of any of the pieces of code if they get
included.

Danny's suggestion is likely the right solution.  If the modules need to
be mutually recursive, units are not that hard to use.

sam th

Posted on the users mailing list.