[plt-scheme] HTDP 12.4.2

From: wooks wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 00:45:04 EDT 2006

I should have said  (????? sym (first alow)) where ????? is a function that
inserts sym into every position in a word and heretofore i will name
interperse  (instead of infiltrate - more appropriate).

The full definition is

(define (insertEverywhere sym alow)
  (cond
    [(empty? alow) empty]
    [else (append (interperse sym (first alow))
                  (insertEverywhere sym (rest alow)))]
    )
  )

Now I can't see a way to write interperse with the design recipe used so
far.

;CONTRACT
;interperse : symbol word - list-of-words
; produces a list of words by interpersing symbol into each position in word
(including before and after)
;
;EXAMPLES
;(interperse 'd (list 'e 'r)  gives
;(list (list 'd 'e 'r)
;       (list 'e 'd 'r)
;       (list 'e 'r 'd))

;(interperse d empty) gives empty
;(intereperse d 'x) gives (list (list 'd 'x)
;                               (list 'x 'd))
;
;TEMPLATE
;(define (interperse sym word)
;   (cond
;      [(empty? word) ....]
;      [else ....sym ... (first word)
;                        (interperse sym (rest word))]
;    )
;  )

It still looks to me that I will need some auxiliary function similar to
what I did with the original infiltrate though (split the word into 2 parts
and generate words by inserting symbol between each respective split
combination.