[plt-scheme] Annotating Documentation

From: Nicholas Chubrich (chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 21 13:29:49 EDT 2006

	I have often thought that some of the discussions on this list
would be very useful if they could be indexed to the PLT Documentation.  I
have thought of putting it all in a Wiki form, but it turns out there is a
much easier way to do it.  I hope someone will check it out (I already
posted something to this effect in April, but it got dropped in the middle
of an incipient flame war...):
	If you bookmark the site http://www.worldforum.dk/, you can wrap a
forum for annotations around any web page; it works for most browsers
without a plugin (with the exception of Safari; I'm using Firefox).  All
you have to do is click on the bookmark when you are on a page you want to
annotate---this opens up a little box with the forum.
	I have put a few postings on download.plt-scheme.org for a
demonstration.  From the annotation window, go to "browse forums on this
site" to see them.  At the ffi documentation, for instance, I excerpted
some of the recent discussion from this list.
	I think this could be a tremendously useful tool.  I know I am not
the only person who could use more tutorial-like documentation; annotating
the existing documentation would be a big step in that direction.  It
already takes place on this forum; it only needs to be put in the right
place.

Nicholas Chubrich.

Posted on the users mailing list.