[plt-scheme] Re: Appalling performance of DrScheme on Windows

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 20 11:34:04 EDT 2006

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> One extra question to those who see bad behavior when DrScheme has been
> idle for a long time: do you use Help Desk's search feature?

Yes, I do, and this is sometimes slow on its own, but this is not the
only source of the problem. I'll often have DrScheme running but with no
open windows; if I click on it in the Dock after having let it sit for a
while, it comes to the front with its very restricted menu set, but
won't even show me a dropdown menu for a while, and opening either a
Help Desk window or a regular DrScheme window takes forever.

I have 1GB of DRAM. Surely I don't need more than that? It's true that I
usually have lots of things running, but you're supposed to do that with
OS X. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.