[plt-scheme] Three hopefully easy questions

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 12 08:41:58 EDT 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Robert Thorpe wrote:

> I've written code in a few lisps, but I've only just come across PLT.
> I have a few questions...
>
> 1. How does MrEd work?  Is it a widget library itself or is it
> implemented using some other widget library?

It uses a branch of the wx library. To support research control, wx is
integrated with the gc and mechanisms such as event spaces, custodians,
and friends.

> 2. Is the next version of PLT going to use a JIT?  I heard somewhere
> it would.

v350 is about to come out and will have a JIT. The recently revised
benchmark results on the shootout site are highly encouraging. It looks
competitive with Python now.

> 3. Not wishing to start a flamewar, but... What is the license for PLT
> Schemes documentation it appears to be copyright of those who wrote it
> and that's all.

LGPL for the most part. Use as you wish, become famous and rich, just
remember us in your will.

-- Matthias