[plt-scheme] Please help test version 349.100

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jun 9 14:44:52 EDT 2006

Version 349.100 is now available for testing from

  http://pre.plt-scheme.org/installers/

(Note that this not available from the usual download site.)

If all goes well, we will turn this version into a v350 release within
a couple of weeks.

The previous release was version 301.  We are labeling the next
release version 350 -- instead of version 302 or 400 -- because much
has changed in the underlying infrastructure, but not much has changed
in the PLT Scheme languages and libraries.

Your help in testing v349.100 would be much appreciated.
Infrastructure changes include a significantly different install
process, so simply installing v349.100 (and confirming that it works)
would be very helpful.

Another part of v350 to try is the "Create Executable..." menu item in
DrScheme, especially in the teaching languages and the "(module ...)"
language.  Unlike previous versions, "Create Executable..." in v350
can create an archive that unpacks and runs on a machine without any
other PLT Scheme software.  (In the MzScheme and MrEd languages,
DrScheme still generates only launcher scripts, which work only on the
machine or filesystem where they were created.)