[plt-scheme] testing modules

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 6 07:21:37 EDT 2006

Although I consider this style of testing to be bogus for
real development it remains popular and several tools
exist: Neil van Dyke's testeez, and a recent SRFI by
Sebastien Egner come to mind.  You can also easily do this
style of testing with SchemeUnit.  For example:

(require (planet "test.ss" ("schematics" "schemeunit.plt"
2))
         (planet "text-ui.ss" ("schematics"
"schemeunit.plt" 2)))

(define-syntax bogus-test
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((bogus-test predicate expr1 expr2)
     (test/text-ui
      (test-case "" (check predicate expr1 expr2))))))

(bogus-test = 1 1)

(bogus-test < 2 1)

Improving the output is about 10 lines of code.

N.

--- Prabhakar Ragde <plragde at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> I want to introduce students to the basics of the PLT
> module system at a
> particular point in a course. They don't know about I/O
> yet. They've
> been writing tests in HtDP style. But, although
> expressions in a module
> are evaluated when run with the module language selected
> in DrScheme,
> their values are not reported. Is the best thing to do to
> put the tests
> in an auxiliary file which requires the new module? That
> seems a bit
> awkward. Is there something short of Schemeunit I should
> be telling them
> about? Thanks. --PR

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/