[plt-scheme] mred + emacs

From: knubee (knubee at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 4 10:13:34 EDT 2006

>  > But I get different behavior running mred through emacs -- even if I
>  > include (require (lib "plt-pretty-big.ss" "lang"))
>  >
>  > Rather, the result is: a window with the correct title -- but no
>  > message, no button.
>
> You'll need to make a new eventspace in which to run the GUI.  See the
> MrEd parameter "current-eventspace".

Ahhhhh! Got it, thanks.

> P.S. This is a FAQ... should this go in the Cookbook?  Or something?

Yes¸ that would be nice. FWIW, the issue for me here is not so much
about "which editor" (last night I was even trying experiments within
command-line mred), but rather understanding the different elements
that are "part of a library" -- versus any other support that the
drscheme editor, say, provides invisibly in the background to get
example uses of the libraries to work.