[plt-scheme] Fwd: drawing snips

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at soe.ucsc.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 4 01:58:48 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm a bit perplexed by one line in the MrEd manual about method
"draw" in snip%:
	"Before this method is called, the correct font, text color, and pen
color will have been set in the drawing context for this snip already."

Now, I'm looking to make a pasteboard (using the mixins in mrlib's
graph.ss, actually) for three types of snips, differentiated by shape
and color.  So, should I take the above quotation to mean that I
shouldn't monkey with the color settings in the draw method I define?
(And, does "pen color" imply brush color as well?)

If so, should I be doing this through styles instead?  (As far as I
can tell, this would entail creating the appropriate style and
calling set-style in my snip constructor.  Is that correct?)

Thanks,
jmj

Posted on the users mailing list.