[plt-scheme] macro type

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 05:26:11 EDT 2006

--- Ivanyi Peter <pivanyi at freemail.hu> wrote:

> instead I would like to have somthing like this:
>
> > cond
> #<macro:cond>

This doesn't make sense in PLT Scheme's model -- macros
exist at expansion time, not runtime.  I suppose it could
be possible in a system that interleaves expansion and
runtime (I imagine older implementations did this) but the
module system is designed to avoid this -- and this is a
good thing.

> and in this case I also would like to have
>
> > (macro? cond)
> #t

It is possible this could be implemented as a macro.
Macros can query the binding of identifiers (see
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/350/html/mzscheme/mzscheme-Z-H-12.html#node_sec_12.3.2)
 I don't know if or how this can be extended to macros, but
it might be possible.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/