[plt-scheme] The Swine Before Perl

From: Jaime Vargas (jev at mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 11:22:46 EDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 2:10 AM, Ryan Culpepper wrote:

> Your attempt using syntax-case, below, fails because you still only
> match homogeneous sequences of transitions. More abstractly, you're
> accepting (union (list-of A) (list-of B)) when you want to be
> accepting (list-of (union A B)). Your macro processes the first state
> successfully, because it only uses simple transitions. It fails on
> the first state (loop) that uses both simple transitions and
> transitions with actions.

You are right.  I realize this after I posted my message. However,  I
am glad
that I posted, because both your solutions and Danny's illustrate
different
techniques. Scheme is quite amazing. It is sad that it doesn't have the
hipe that other newer languages have, like ruby.

Posted on the users mailing list.