[plt-scheme] Symantec finds a trojan in PLT...

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Mon Jul 3 11:56:28 EDT 2006

> > Now I can't get DrScheme (or DrScheme3m) to run consistently.
>
> Once it's installed, there shouldn't be any problem.

[Williams, M. Douglas]
On my machine, DrScheme will not start.  It alternates between the generic
'your application died' message:

MrEd-based application has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

and

starting with a popup with:

ffi-obj: couldn't get "???" from #f (The handle is invalid.; errno=6)

 === context ===
body
C:\Program Files\PLT-FULL-350.3\collects\mzlib\foreign.ss:216:2:
get-ffi-obj*
c:\program files\plt-full-350.3\collects\drscheme\private\tools.ss:169:12
c:\program files\plt-full-350.3\collects\drscheme\private\tools.ss:70:6:
load/invoke-all-tools/collections

but continuing to load.  Things seem to run okay after it finally loads

DrScheme3m load just fine, but will die with the generic message above on
large runs of my inference engine.  These runs work okay in DrScheme
(without the 3m gc - when I can get it loaded).  I was running them on my
Linux box at home this weekend just fine, but I honestly can't remember if
that was under V305 or V305.1.

I still can't download V305 to try it there.

Doug

Posted on the users mailing list.