[plt-scheme] Announce: SQLI/SQLD PLaneT package

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 03:20:14 EST 2006

I see what the problem is. My binaries are linked against
libmzsch300_000.dll, and not
against libmzsch301_00.dll.  I guess this is why with Gtk+, although the
version
number increases, the libraries are still named e.g.
"lib-gtk-win32-2.0-0.dll" instead
of "lib-gtk-win32-2.8-9".

Is it not a (good) idea to use a different distribution scheme, e.g.,
like UNIX, where
libxyz.so is actually a link to libxyz.so.1, which is  a link to
libxyz.so.1.3.9. If an
application links against libxyz.so.1, it will also work with
libxyz.so.1.4.1 and only
break when the library goes up to libxyz.so.2.

So on WIN32, libmzsch3.dll should be there to link against. And for more
granularity:
libmzsch30.dll, libmzsch300.dll, libmzsch300_000.dll.

Is it an idea to support this?

--Hans