[plt-scheme] code completion with plt?

From: Rohan Nicholls (rohan.nicholls at pareto.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 19 09:04:49 EST 2006

Hi again,

I have another question.  I am really impressed with the improvements
to Dr. Scheme and the way plt has been developing in general, thanks to
all those who have obviously put in a lot of hard work.  It is fab to
have an open source lisp that works consistently on just about
everything, and is so well packaged and documented.

I have been using slime with sbcl, and one thing I found fab was1 1.
being able to attach to an already running process 2. having completion
help based on the image you are working on (fuzzy completion is fab).

Is there anything out there with something similar to #2?  I have been
getting ecb working and once I point it at the collects it should be
helpful.  That said most of my needs are met by the wonderful
help-desk, but sometimes you just need a nudge to remember the
parameter order, or the name of that function on the tip of your brain.

As to #1, it would be useful while running something like the
webserver, is there anything that can do this, or would an extension
need to be added to slime?

This is mostly convenience and laziness talking, but I thought I would
ask as it would be the icing on an already delicious cake.:-)

Thanks again for all the work.

Rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.