[plt-scheme] newbie - plotting points

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 18 16:35:24 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, andrew cooke wrote:

> Thanks; that's all very helpful.
>
> But maybe I should have asked a more high-level question: Is there some
> toolkit or other GUI class I should be using that lets me plot points,
> maybe draw lines?  It doesn't have to be a full-blown plotting package,
> but I'm thinking that wiring up a bitmap to provide permanent backing
> store for a canvas is the kind of thing that has already been done once.

Hi Andrew,

Try PLoT; it's a collection in PLT Scheme that may do what you want.
There's a paper on it here:

    http://repository.readscheme.org/ftp/papers/sw2003/PLoTScheme.pdf

and Help Desk should give more information on it.

Tangent question: has anyone looked at Design by Numbers?

   http://dbn.media.mit.edu/

I'm was curious what other PLT Scheme folks think about it.

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.