[plt-scheme] Contracts for Macros

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 14:54:46 EST 2006

As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I use contracts for documenting the
interface to a function, structure, class, etc.  And I like how it works.
Has there been any discussion on extending contracts to include macros.  One
of the biggest headaches in writing good macros is good error handling.
Having contracts for macros might be a way to get somewhat reliable error
messages while retaining simpler macros.

I realize this may be off the wall, but it seems like a reasonable thing to
look into.

Doug

M. Douglas Williams, Ph.D.

Sr. Scientist