[plt-scheme] Support for MySQL 5.0? OS X alternatives?

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Wed Jan 11 14:08:41 EST 2006

I've used gcc on Mac OS X without problems, but as my iMac was 10 years
old, it was to slow to do any serious development.

There's a complete planet log in doc.txt for SQLI/SQLD for Linux, which
should
be about the same on Mac OS X with MySQL. Just prepare the right build
environment.

You may be wondering why SQLI/SQLD depends on pthreads. SQLD Drivers
use this, because otherwise querying the database will block all threads
of plt scheme,
which is to be very much desired.

--Hans

>I believe Apple has modified versions of both gcc 4.0 and gcc 3.1
>(modified, for example, to support Objective C and the Aqua UI), but I
>don't do much with C these days. I'm willing to have a go at compiling
>from source, but may have some questions along the way.

Posted on the users mailing list.