[plt-scheme] Using a DLL with a extension (mzgtk2)

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Wed Jan 11 11:50:33 EST 2006

Dear All,

I'm now at the point that the mzgtk2 (generated) wrapper code
exceeds 100.000 lines. And even on my powerfull Dell D800 laptop
it's getting slow to compile.

Now, I've partitioned the code in separate bindings for groups
of Gtk "subsystems".

I've moved a small part of the code (notably the type mappings
and the administrative code for memory management) to a
shared library.

On windows I'm getting into trouble. After moving this administrative
code to a DLL, the binding crashes on the first request for memory
management.

I think I somehow need to initialize the DLL for usage with the
mzscheme garbage collector, but how should I do that?

Could somebody point me out how?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

--Hans Oesterholt

Posted on the users mailing list.