[plt-scheme] Announce: SQLI/SQLD PLaneT package

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 9 16:53:40 EST 2006

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:

> No, not at all. CPAN has more categories, is automated,
> has multiple pages, a search machine, etc. What I mean to
> say: PLaneT is nice, but it is maintained by hand and
> has currently only one page. If I add like 5 or 6 driver
> packages, it could mean rework for the current setup.
> I don't want to give the maintainers too much work :-) .

We made a conscious decision to keep the number of categories, etc small
and have everything on one page rather than several because there are
currently very few packages available on PLaneT compared to CPAN. Trust
me, having too many packages for the current system to be manageable is
a problem I'd love to have :).

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.