[plt-scheme] xexprs and sxml

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 9 13:18:51 EST 2006

At Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:12:54 -0500, Dave Herman wrote:
> Anton's suggestion was just to go SXML -> XML and pass the strings to
> the web-server, essentially bypassing any of the web-server's use of
> x-expressions at all. Lower-tech, but something that works now without
> me having to generate a mapping.

This is already possible. See "response" in the web server manual.

I do think that the web server could improve in this regard a little
bit, tho, by allowing a response to be a port. There's been a lot of
port improvements in v300 that the web server can take good advantage
of in a simple way, if that were the case.

(All of the (listof (union string bytes)) parts of the variants of
response should be probably become ports, in fact.)

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.