[plt-scheme] auto completion of function names etc in drscheme

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 9 06:52:00 EST 2006

--- niv levy <nivl2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been recently trying out drscheme (version 300, on a
> debian AMD64
> machine), and one thing which i can't manage to find is
> auto completion
> of symbols - e.g. write partial name - press "tab" - get
> a list of possible completions.

DrScheme doesn't auto-complete.  Auto-completion is
non-trivial due to macros.  Macros can introduce new names
into a program, and hence macro expansion is necessary to
determine all the available names for auto-completion to
work correctly.  The 'Check Syntax' button already does
something similar so I think most of the work has been
done, but given the many demands on the time of the PLT
members I suspect simply no-one has had the time to
implement this feature.

HTH,
Noel

AIM: noelhwelsh