[plt-scheme] xexprs and sxml

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 9 02:40:49 EST 2006

The state of PLT Scheme's support for XML is still a little
unsatisfying; it's possible to use either xexprs or SXML but certain
tools require one or the other. If I want to perform some XML
transformations to generate pages for the web-server, it seems awfully
uncivilized to use SXSLT to create SXML, then marshall to XML,
unmarshall back to xexprs and send to the web-server which will just
convert right back to XML.

Is there a plan to move away from xexprs? That'd be a shame, because I
like xexprs. I suppose tools like WebIt! and SXSLT could be made
abstract in the data representation, but that might be a little
over-engineered. Is it better just to write a SXML->xexpr and
xexpr->SXML library?

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.