[plt-scheme] PLT versions

From: Nicholas Chubrich (chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 6 01:27:40 EST 2006

Matt---
	Thanks for your reply, I'll give that a try (once I back up my
system for in case it messes things up; I'm still trying to figure out an
efficient way to do that with Retrospect and DVDs---I might just get a
backup hard drive).  Another way I was thinking of doing this was just
installing it in a different directory, along the lines of the way
DarwinPorts installs packages in the /opt/local/bin directory in a way
that is not supposed to interfere with other software.  In theory you
should be able to install software in any directory, from what I can
tell...
	I'll let you know how both methods turn out when I get to it,
probably next week.  It'll take all of a half hour, but the ability to
"turn back the clock" on my system to undo software installation manglings
(which in my experience are the cause of lots of problems) is too darned
tempting...

Nick Chubrich.