[plt-scheme] Wrote some notes on using PLT Scheme for TAPL stuff

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 4 20:39:50 EST 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> > I've been reading Pierce's excellent "Types and Programming Languages"
> > textbook, and thought it might be fun to try to use PLT Scheme instead
> > of OCaml.  It's also motivating me to learn the parser-tools
> > collection. I've written some notes I hope folks find useful.  So far,
> > the notes show introductory usage of plt-match.ss, structures, and the
> > parser-tools to implement the baby interpreter in Chapter Four.
>
> It looks interesting. You had a footnote about the datatype definition
> in EOPL. It is quite easy to use.

Hi Jens,

Yes, I want to use it; the only reason I didn't include it in the notes
yet is that I wasn't quite sure if the cases macro supported a 'when'-like
form.  The OCaml pattern matching code in TAPL uses 'when' guards quite a
lot, and I wanted to preserve that in the initial adaptation.

I'm looking at the datatype.ss macros now, and I don't think 'cases'
provides that support yet, so I'll just bite down and bear with it.
*grin*

Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.