[plt-scheme] broken packages on planet

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 4 15:54:20 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:38:11PM +0000, pedro pinto wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently had some trouble installing some planet packages so I wrote some
> scheme code to scrape the planet web page and install each package from
> scratch. The results can be seen at:
>
> http://rivendell.ws/planet-stats/

I maintain the classic-java package, and I've never seen the error you
report.  Are you loading this within DrScheme or MzScheme?  Which
version?

I just successfully installed classic-java on an empty PLaneT directory
without any difficulty in DrScheme 300.3-svn4jan2006.  Similarly,
    planet -i cobbe classic-java.plt 1 1
worked without any problems (again on an empty planet cache).

Note, btw, that this package will *not* install in MzScheme, and not
because of any problem with (lib "cm.ss"):

    [vetinari:~]$ mzscheme
    Welcome to MzScheme version 300.3, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 PLT Scheme Inc.
    > (require (planet "classic-java.ss" ("cobbe" "classic-java.plt" 1 1)))
    dynamic-require: unknown module: #%mred-kernel; need to run in MrEd instead of MzScheme

     === context ===
    loop
    read-eval-print-loop

The error message pretty clearly states what the problem is, I think.

I should probably include some indication in the package's documentation
that it requires MrEd to install, though you should be able to run
certain parts of it in MzScheme.

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.