[plt-scheme] associating data with structure types

From: Lauri Alanko (la at iki.fi)
Date: Sat Feb 4 09:38:21 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:12:42PM -0500, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> In that case we should seriously consider offering a second
> define-struct*** construct along the lines of Chez, where you can add
> in "default" fields and things like that.

I just discovered that such a thing exists at
mzlib/private/define-struct.ss. I've often found it annoying how tedious
it is to create a struct type with a custom procedure handler, and
wondered why there isn't a define-struct form that would make it easy.
And here it is, hidden in the innards of mzlib!

This wonderful thing should really be made available to everyone. It is
_useful_.

Lauri

Posted on the users mailing list.