[plt-scheme] Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for February 2006

From: Bill Clementson (billclem at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 2 10:01:45 EST 2006

Hi all,

This will be the first lispvan meeting of 2006 and it looks to be a
good one! Doug Williams has been working on a "Knowledge-based
Simulation Environment" in PLT Scheme for several years now. There are
actually 3 separate components to his project, the first of which (the
Science Collection) I saw him present back in 2004 (there is a movie
and pdf available of that presentation). He has now completed the
second component (the Simulation Collection) and I'm really keen to
see his presentation on this one as I've already had a sneak preview
of the slides and code! ;-)

In addition to the presentation, Doug will bring CD's with copies of
Dr Scheme and his software so that people can try out things on their
own laptops as he's presenting. He will also conduct a mini-workshop
after the presentation which will be a more hands-on and interactive
means of experiencing the code. So, be sure to bring your laptops!

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: PLT Scheme Simulation Collection
Presenter: Doug Williams