[plt-scheme] 369.2

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 22 04:12:56 EST 2006

> The default error escape handler aborts the current continuation using
> the default continuation prompt tag, supplying the `void' procedure as
> the abort argument. In general, escape handlers that use

Does this mean that the default error escape handler is almost never
actually used in practice? For example, uncaught exceptions at the REPL
give you a stack trace, whereas the above suggests they would just
silently swallow the error and return to the next prompt.

> `abort-current-continuation' can work in any continuation (unlike abort
> handlers that jump to an escape continuation), so the error escape
> handler is also inherited as-is by new threads.

The seems to be mis-documented: it's spelled `abort-continuation-prompt'
in the docs rather than `abort-current-continuation'.

BTW, I know you said the DrScheme REPL doesn't work with the new
exception/continuation mechanism, but in case this is useful
information, the following program:

     (+ 1 (abort-current-continuation
            (default-continuation-prompt-tag)
            void))

kills the DrScheme REPL and causes subsequent interactions window
keyboard events to make DrScheme go haywire.

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.