[plt-scheme] awkwardness in automarking

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 21 10:41:29 EST 2006

My TAs, who run scripted automarking tests on submitted student code,
report that students using early HtDP language levels (say, Beginner)
occasionally use identifiers, such as "time", that have meaning in
higher language levels. The TAs were running their tests in Advanced by
using "load" (I think -- I haven't looked at what they're doing in
detail) and the student code was failing because of redefining "time",
whereas it would have run in Beginner. I suggested going to Pretty Big,
but the syntax of define-struct is different, and tests again seem to
break. Is there an elegant solution to this? Thanks. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.