[plt-scheme] {offshoot of} Request for Info

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 08:39:58 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 08:29:25AM -0500, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Corey Sweeney wrote:
>
> >I guess if someone had way to much time on their hands, the thing to
> >do would be to write a GUI library for scheme, that makes javascript
> >calls on a html page, somewhat like the way a GTK library makes C
> >calls.  Except this could be done over a port instead of a FFI.
>
> Interesting idea. Try it out, find collaborators, upload to PLaneT.
> -- Matthias

Evidently there's something I don't unerstand here, that I need to know
to keep the proposal from coming across as nonsense.  Where would this
scheme library be running?  In the browser?  Do browsers *have*
scheme plugins?  How does C use GTK to call html pages?

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.