[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme on Debian or Ubuntu

From: Chris Stephenson (cs at cs.bilgi.edu.tr)
Date: Sun Dec 17 10:20:50 EST 2006

We use both Debian and Ubuntu  (they are close relatives, anyway) and
have had no Linux specific bugs or problems with either.

We do, occasionally, see memory problems that seem to slow everything
down, but students running Windows at home report the same problems. If
a DrScheme program runs away it seems to suck up all the memory without
limit (including the memory in swap) and the machine grinds to a halt.

Chris Stephenson