[plt-scheme] Object Debugger release

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Tue Dec 12 04:58:33 EST 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 22:58, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> *Much* better.  Good to link to the document, too.  Thanks.

Amen.  One comment, regarding the sequence trace:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cce/object-debugger/complex-b.png

On the left hand side, at Obj5 return-> Obj2:  visually I was
expecting a return arrow pointing left (<-return), but the order Obj5
-> Obj2 makes sense, and Obj2 <- Obj5 might be confusing when looking
down columns 1 and 3 (column 2 being the arrows/messages).  Maybe the
word return above the arrow could be slanted.

The arrows on the right hand (wide) part of the sequence diagram are
completely clear.  The sequence diagram is the clearest I've seen.  I
have some fancy expensive Java tools that don't even come close.

Thinking about Java made me think about threads, which of course PLT
Scheme has too.  I wonder what these diagrams would look like with
threads.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk