[plt-scheme] MZC and SRFI?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 5 01:48:13 EST 2006

At Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:08:15 -0500, "Greg Johnston" wrote:
> (require (only (lib "time.ss" "srfi" "19")
>                  current-date
>                  date->string
>                  date-week-number
>                  string->date))
>
> It compiles fine with "mzc --gui-exe srl gui.ss". When I run "./srl,"
> however, I get this:
> collection-path: collection not found: "srfi" in any of: ()

SRFI 19 uses SRFI 29, which in turn uses `collection-path' to load
localization files from a "bundles" subdirectory.

In other words, it's the same sort of problem as for

 http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2006-November/015492.html

For the SRIF-29 maintainer: In this case, the best solution is probably
to turn the "system bundles" into code files (included with `require')
instead of data files. If it's important to allow new system bundles
without changing "localization.ss", then it may make sense to compute
the `require's at expansion time.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.