[plt-scheme] Re: behavior of nested quotes in DrScheme/mzscheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 1 21:52:02 EST 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Michael Vanier wrote:

> That is helpful -- thanks!  However, it's still not the same as in
> mzscheme:
>
> > '''''a
> (list 'quote (list 'quote (list 'quote (list 'quote 'a))))
>
> I think this might be even more confusing to a student.

Are you sure?

(1) It's 100% correct.

(2) Students who have used HtDP (properly) are used to the idea of
seeing data via their (true) constructor rather than some whimsical
abbreviation convention.

(3) '(1 2 3) is one of the most confusing things for beginners. I
am glad you took it out of the language. (Olin Shivers, 2006)

-- Matthias