[plt-scheme] Re: [plt-edu] 352 on Ubuntu

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 31 10:11:30 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 09:58 -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> > I built 352 on Ubuntu, using the Debian .dsc, orig.tar.gz, and
> > diff.tar.gz files. Everything seemed to work right up until I tried
> > to run some of the games, most notably Gobblets (which is very
> > addictive). I then got an error about libGL.so and libGLU.so not
> > being available. Sure enough, they weren't. But I did have libGL.so.
> > 1 and libGLU.so.1, so I figured they were similar. Creating soft
> > links from those to files named libGL.so and libGLU.so made
> > everything work.
> >
> > I don't know if this is a problem on Debian proper, just Ubuntu, or
> > just me, but would appreciate any advice.

In general, the .so version is in the -dev package, since it's only
needed for building programs that use the library, rather than running
them.  So, you need to install libglu1-mesa-dev.

I'm not sure if the Scheme games should be linking directly to the .so
files, though.

sam th

Posted on the users mailing list.