[plt-scheme] alternative web server?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 07:10:39 EDT 2006

The included web-server only uses continuations when you use
continuations in your servlet programs.

However, it's implementation of HTTP is fairly impoverished compared
to Apache. For example, there is no gzip compression, interesting
forwarding or URL rewriting.

You could implement some sort of FastCGI interface for PLT, which is a
lot simpler than HTTP, and sit behind Apache like that. If you have
any questions as you go about it, the list is a good place to email.

A related approach I have on my TODO list is an implementation of the
AJP protocol [1], which would have better performance than FastCGI.

Jay

1. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html

Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.brown.edu>
http://jay.makeoutcity.com/