[plt-scheme] SQLD on 352 and Windows

From: Chris Warrington (chrisw at rice.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 01:24:25 EDT 2006

Has anyone been able to get sqld (specifically, the MySQL driver) to
work on 352 running on Windows?

Every time I try to install it via
planet --install oesterholt sqlid.plt 1 2
I get this error:
> This application has failed to start because libmzsch301_000.dll was
> not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

After getting that error, I assumed that the precompiled .dll files
were linked against the wrong version of MzScheme, so I recompiled the
one I was interested in (c-sqld-mysql.c), liking it against the latest
versions of MzScheme (352) and MySQL (5.0.24) that I had. I then
copied this new dll into the compiled and precompiled directories and
replaced the included libmysql.dll with the 5.0.24 version.

After doing this, I could get the test program to "run" in DrScheme
when I pressed F5. However, trying to execute the main function
resulted in an error that various extensions were not compiled. So, in
the compiled directory of sqlid's planet entry, I executed mzc --make
..\(file that was not compiled). Finally, all the extensions were
compiled, by upon trying to run main, I get this error:
c-mysql-open: extension not compiled

Now, c_mysql_open is a function in c-sqld-mysql.c.

What have I done wrong? Did I even take the correct approach? Is there
a simpler way to get this to work? -- Chris Warrington
<chrisw at rice.edu>

4/3 of people have trouble understanding fractions.