[plt-scheme] Changing current locale's encoding

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 9 23:06:48 EDT 2006

> Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > I'm interested to hear how widespread the problem is. It works for me
> > on most of my Windows machines, but it fails on one virtual-machine
> > installation so far.

I was mis-reading the debugger output and misunderstanding my tests;
the bug is obvious. I believe it's fixed for the next build.

At Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:59:11 -0400, Jefferson Heard wrote:
> Well, it works fine on my lab's win2k box, but not the XP one and not my
> XP laptop nor my girlfriend's XP laptop.  Could be an XP thing?  Could
> also be an "I haven't re-installed windows in too long" thing...

I think you must have "iconv.dll" in your path on machines where it
works. MzScheme wasn't finding the "iconv.dll" that it was supposed to
find in "plt/lib".

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.