[plt-scheme] Version Check

From: Nicholas Chubrich (chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 00:47:15 EDT 2006

I wanted to add something I forgot in my immediate previous
message---people have mentioned it would be nice to give people an idea of
what sort of information is sent.  I have nothing against that---make it
available easily.---if it can be done easily.  Overall, it would be nice
to have a strong idea of how information flows from me to my computer to
the Internet.  Whatever DrScheme does will unfortunately be a drop in the
bucket---it's a mess out there, and nobody seems to be trying to change
it.  How many preference and log files I don't know about are hiding among
those six hundred thousand directories?  There's got to be a solution to
the overall problem, but it would probably require a major overhaul of
filesystems in general.

Nick Chubrich.

Posted on the users mailing list.