[plt-scheme] Presentations in MrEd

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 10:54:07 EDT 2006

Has anyone ever looked into implementing the equivalent of CLIM's
presentations (or something similar) in MrEd?  I found them to be a
convenient way to build interactivity into a user interface.

I'm not looking for all of CLIM, which I find rather bloated and
over-engineered.  (That wasn't meant to start a flame war with any Common
Lispers - of which I certainly used to be one - it's just an opinion.)  But,
I do miss the application frameworks and presentations.  It seems that
application frameworks could be added on top of MrEd - although it could
also be considered part of MrEd.  However, it also seems that (the
equivalent of) presentations would need to be an integral part of MrEd,

Along the same lines, are there any papers, etc on the architecture and
design of MrEd?

Doug

M. Douglas Williams, Ph.D.

Sr. Scientist