[plt-scheme] Layout and grids with MrEd?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 22 22:34:17 EDT 2006

>> I was wondering if there were anything else I could do to reuse the
>> functionality that *horizontal-panel%* and *vertical-panel%* provide,
>> or if I'll have to just recode their logic.
>
> I don't think so (though, obviously, it might have been better to have a
> general grid panel in the first place, so that vertical and horizontal
> panels are just specializations to a single column or row).

Oh well, that's ok.

I wanted to learn how to do this, so I've updated my GUI notes to include
examples of containers that extend panel% and cooked up a simple grid-ish
container called simple-grid-panel%.  It doesn't pay attention to
alignment, but I'm sure that's something easily fixed.

     http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/SimpleGridLayout

Just out of curiosity, I did a few more Google searches just to see if
anyone else had done this, and picked up:

    http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-December/004013.html

as well as:

     http://www.codecomments.com/archive282-2004-9-283213.html

so although this is still really specialized, I hope that the code above
helps someone else out there.  *grin*

Thanks again!

Posted on the users mailing list.