[plt-scheme] function names in a module

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 22 15:00:19 EDT 2006

Im writing a library/module that defines some functions which clash with
standard mzscheme functions. In particular I have a function named
'read-line' which is defined somewhere in the standard mzscheme module.
To get around this I defined the function as 'read-line-' and used
(rename) to provide it as 'read-line' and then I expect the user to use
(prefix) when require'ing my module to not have namespace clashes with
mzscheme.

Basically:
(module my-module mzscheme
   (provide (rename read-line- read-line))
   (define (read-line-)
      ...))

client:
(require (prefix whatever- "my-module.ss"))
(whatever-read-line)

I assume this is the point of prefix but just wanted to check if this is
what most people do.

Posted on the users mailing list.