[plt-scheme] Messages from list being filtered as spam (Yahoo)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Apr 14 14:26:55 EDT 2006

On Apr 13, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> PLT messages being flagged as spam *might* be due to AOL and Yahoo
> implementing their new "email tax/extortion."

What's that?

> As a practical matter for PLT, there might be a way for a PLT list
> administrator to contact AOL and Yahoo to get certified as a
> legitimate without paying them money.  I haven't looked into this.

So they consider people who pay them as more valid for sending emails?

> (The better approach for society would be for an outcry from users
> to AOL and Yahoo, to lawmakers, and in public forums, accompanied by
> a mass exodus of users to better email account providers.  But that
> doesn't immediately solve PLT's problem.)

Sounds like a good thing that they do this now, when gmail is crushing
them so hard.  It will make sure that they will die even faster than
they are dying now.  (And when Google will get a caledar thing out, I
think that they'll have a ridiculous market share left.)