[plt-scheme] DrScheme now rewrites opening square brackets, too

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 18:27:34 EDT 2006

Robby Findler wrote:
> At Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:28:27 -0400, Richard Cobbe wrote:
>
>>Cool!  That'll be nice to use!
>
> Thanks! And it was easy to implement, thanks to Scott Owen's online
> lexer/syntax colorer.
>
>>Is there a way to tell DrScheme that, in this one instance, I really
>>want an open square bracket?  Something like C-q [ in Emacs, for
>>instance.  (This may actually work already; I haven't tried this out.)
>
> There isn't anything like that yet. I'm not sure what the right
> keystroke should be. control-q doesn't work because that's quit, under
> windows.

I find it more useful to bind ctrl+q to quoting rather than quitting.
The reasons are as follows:

  - I never quit DrScheme
  - I already know ctrl+q from Emacs
  - ctrl+q for quitting isn't standard in Windows
    (at least it doesn't work in Word -
     normally alt+f4 is used for quitting)
  - quitting is done only once in a session, so having
    a short keybinding doesn't save any time

--
Jens Axel Søgaard