Fwd: [plt-scheme] already imported identitfiers in "pretty-big"

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun Apr 9 14:26:21 EDT 2006

> From: *Corey Sweeney*
> Date: Apr 8, 2006 7:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] already imported identitfiers in "pretty-big"
> To: jay at cs.brown.edu <mailto:jay at cs.brown.edu>
>
> hmm, don't actually need my "third" function to come from srfi/1.ss, I
> just want to not have to deal with the clash every time i write some
> code.  Is there a way to do:
>

> (module grr (lib "plt-pretty-big-text.ss" "lang")
>   (require (except (lib "1" "srfi") `those-that-clash))
>
>   (third `(1 2 3))
>   (fold + 1 `(1 2 3)))
>
> short of figureing out a "those that clash" list by hand and typing them in?

I don't think so.

It would be nice if the error message gave all clashing names at once
instead of one at a time.

For srfi-1 use

    (require (lib "list.ss" "srfi" "1"))

to avoid clashes (could this be added to the top of the srfi-1
documentation?).

Or use Herman's

<http://planet.plt-scheme.org/300/docs/dherman/list.plt/1/0/doc.txt>

--