[plt-scheme] x86_64 - JIT and 3m

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 6 08:11:03 EDT 2006

At Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:00:22 -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> With the latest code in the SVN repository, MzScheme's native-code JIT
> and 3m GC both work for x86_64 (a.k.a. AMD64).

I forgot: when using the JIT on my test machine, MzScheme stack traces
are effectively disabled, because MzScheme is compiled without stack
frames (or stack frames are generally not used on x86_64?). I will look
into this. Meanwhile, if stack traces are more important to you than
JIT compilation on x86_64, set the PLTNOMZJIT environment variable.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.