[plt-scheme] Reading/writing atoms to TCP port

From: Scott Bell (sebell at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 4 17:31:56 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm having some curious issues when reading and writing to a set of
TCP ports between two MzScheme (v301) instances. I can successfully
WRITE a list (ex: '(+ 1 5)) to an output port, flush the output, and
successfully READ it on the other end. This also works for strings.
However, when I try and write an atom like 6, then flush the output,
the other end cannot READ the value until the sender closes the port,
or another list or string is written and flushed. At which point the
receiving end can perform two READs and receive the atom and the
string/list.

I do not experience this behavior on Scheme48. Any insight available?

Thanks,

- Scott Bell

Posted on the users mailing list.