[plt-scheme] embedded web browser vs Apache

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at pooq.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 22:33:48 EDT 2005

I installed drscheme today from the stable/sarge Debian package.
Of course it also included mzscheme as a dependency.

While installing, I was surprised to have the installation script
offer to install a web browser for me.  I declined, since I
already have apache running on this system, serving me a local copy of
the Linux documentation pages.

But ever since I've been wondering -- does the Scheme embedded web
browser play nicely with Apache?  or with the HTML files set up to
be served by Apache?  Can I run this one as well as Apache?  If so,
how to they apportion the incoming http requests?

And -- are there advantages to using this one instead of Apache?

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.